Monday, March 30, 2009

LOL

LOL stands for Laugh Out Loud... you probably know that by now. I just wanted to share with you some funnies over the last couple of days that got me LOLing.

Mia came home from a snow trip with Grandpa Davis and said to me, "I brought you something." Well, how nice! She came up to me and said, "I didn't have anything to put it in so I had to wrap it in garbage." Mmmm... I'm thinking. She carefully unwrapped the granola bar wrapper and revealed a pinch of marshmallow that she saved for me. This is no ordinary marshmallow, it's the carmel flavored ones... "special". I looked into those sincere, dark brown eyes, took the bit of marshmallow, removed what fuzzies that I could, thanked her and gulped it down quickly trying not to think about what else might have gone down the hatch with it. LOL!

Yesterday Andrew was faced with a dilemma. While we were driving down the freeway a small yet potentially dangerous beetle like bug had landed... um, how shall I put this... "between his legs". I didn't notice the bug at first, what caught my attention was his twitching hand as he debated whether to swat the bug and risk a self inflicted injury or to let it continue to crawl on him. Hard to multitask important decisions like that while you're driving 70 mph. LOL!

Speaking of bugs. Sierra came shrieking into the room the other day, dancing all over the place, with something pinched between her fingers. "There's a bug!" she said. She knew she wanted to kill it but halfway through lost her nerve and it freaked her out. I finished it off for her. LOL!

Tonight Sierra came to me crying wearing nothing but her Dora undies. "What's wrong?" I asked her. "I don't have any cute jammies," she sobbed, "I don't like those other ones." Thankfully I had just done the laundry and we found some cute jammies in there. Crisis averted. LOL!

I just love little things like these.

No comments:

Lord, lift me above my own narrow horizons, that I might fulfill your true vision for me. - B.J. Hoff