Monday, February 25, 2008

Our travels at Bush Park


Today Sierra, our 2 1/2 year old, and I took a 1 hour walk. It all started when she wandered out the front door by herself but as I chased after her I realized what a nice day it was and decided she really had a great idea! So, she packed up Violet and Meredith, her babies, into her little purple stroller and off we went. We only live two blocks from the park but as we got closer and closer I knew we'd be in for a really long walk if we actually entered it. There is so much to see and do there; three areas of play equipment, squirrels, dogs, people, leaves, bugs... So, in the interest of time, I tried to persuade her take the next turn and head back home. I told her I was getting cold and that probably the babies were, too. She pulled the little blanket over her babies and then looked up at me and reached up her hand. "I can hold your hand and keep you warm, then we don't have to go home." Wow! With that sweet little girl voice and innocent look she stole my heart... again. So I put my hand in hers and there we were walking hand in hand through the park. Thank you Lord, I love those moments and I could never have planned it. I'm so thankful I was there to catch it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christy,

Your house looks great! This new adventure for your family sounds wonderful! Post some pics of Mia so I can show Eva!

Love, Lindsay

Lord, lift me above my own narrow horizons, that I might fulfill your true vision for me. - B.J. Hoff