Saturday, March 1, 2008

Friends


Last night I got to meet with some friends from a Bible Study I was involved with a few years ago called Hearts at Home. Some of the women I've kept better contact with than others but, as soon as I arrived, it felt like it was just last week that we had all gotten together, except we had a lot more changes to share. It was awesome to see how God had worked out some of the struggles we had prayed about years ago. We rejoiced in job changes and babies, the blessings for some who had struggled with bad jobs and secondary infertility. I loved seeing how the gifts and experiences of some were being used to minister to other people as now they have become leaders. And I admire the women who shared the ways that they had stepped back and took a look at their lives and made the changes that would allow themselves and their families to thrive. I still marvel at the trials that some of them have overcome and I clearly see how those things have shaped who they are and how they serve other people.

There is so much to be gained from seeing life from a different perspective and all those unique personalities with their own experiences played a part in providing new vantage points for me. As I contemplate moving and not having the easy opportunities to meet with these friends I'm thrilled that I'll take a little part of them with me through the things that they've taught me over the years. I also take solace in the fact that we will have future reunions!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI KIDS...GREAT IDEA...NOT SURE WE KNOW HOW TO BLOG BACK...LOL...G & G

Anonymous said...

You did it! Thanks for reading. I hope we can keep you updated about what's going on through this blog. Enjoy! Christy

Lord, lift me above my own narrow horizons, that I might fulfill your true vision for me. - B.J. Hoff