Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Starbucks is coming to Newport!


Hallelujah! The day has come. I had heard rumor that the Safeway in Newport, the city nearest Bear Paw Camp, was planning to remodel and add a Starbucks. In the early stages of pursuing the purchase of the camp it was a tiny confirmation that God knows my needs (I use that term loosely in this case) and enjoys blessing me. It's been 9 months since I first heard the potential of the java juicing giant putting down roots in my future home town, but I just received confirmation from the insurance lady we're working with in Newport that indeed it is under construction this very moment.
This picture is of Mia in November of 2005 but it's the cutest picture I have of anyone drinking a Starbucks beverage. Yes, it's hot chocolate. We were watching the Festival of Lights parade in downtown Salem.

No comments:

Lord, lift me above my own narrow horizons, that I might fulfill your true vision for me. - B.J. Hoff