Friday, April 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby Brother!

When I left for college my little brother was still shorter than me. When I returned that next summer he had passed me up and he never looked back. Though we're nearly 4 years apart it seems like over the last few years that difference has become less and less. Now we're both married with children and paying a mortgage. Two years ago he even joined me in the Alaska marathon and passed me up at mile 13 even with feet problems.

Here he is feeding his daughter Mackenzie, only a couple of months old, on the trail! Though I'm sure he would prefer a more flattering, posed picture for his birthday blog posting, I thought this one really captured who he is: rugged and tender. Happy birthday David!

No comments:

Lord, lift me above my own narrow horizons, that I might fulfill your true vision for me. - B.J. Hoff