Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Men and Women

Genesis 2:18 The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."

Suitable, an adjective, meaning such as to suit; appropriate; fitting; becoming. If this is such a fitting relationship, why does it sometimes seem like we are talking to people from a completely different galaxy? I'm sure men feel the same way. We just don't get each other sometimes. Andrew and I have read a couple of books that really hit the nail on the head as far as our communication and quite frankly the way our brains work and specifically our needs.

Men are Like Waffles and Women are Like Spaghetti was one we enjoyed. Love and Respect was a life changing series that our Bible study group went through a few years ago. Andrew and I both would highly recommend it. We actually watched the video series and did some worksheets which made it pretty easy. We liked it so much we'd like to start a Love and Respect couples retreat at the camp as soon as possible. It has explained some of the frustration we've felt in our communication and helped us identify when the crazy cycle is starting so we can both turn that ship around before it sails on through to a full blown fight. Anyway, check it out or if you're already familiar with it, post your own review.

The following video is from neither of the above referenced sources. It was something my mom forwarded to me. I don't even know if he is a Christian but his thoughts on the male and female brain are in the same vein as the Waffles and Spaghetti book I mentioned.

Enjoy! It's only about a 5 minute clip.

No comments:

Lord, lift me above my own narrow horizons, that I might fulfill your true vision for me. - B.J. Hoff