Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's Not Just About Me

As I said before, I'm trying to blog through the ups and downs of limbo land. I think I've also mentioned that it's not a comfortable place to dwell. At least it's uncomfortable like a splinter, a hang nail, or a paper cut. I'm thankful we're not dealing with the kind of pain that is like a broken bone or severe vomiting. Nice picture, huh? I keep looking for the lessons that I can learn. Obviously trusting the Lord, his plan, and his timing is on the top of that list. Growing the fruit of peace in my life has been huge as well. Peace in peaceful times is easy. Peace in turbulence is true peace. That kind of peace is actually growing in me. Hurray! I've also been made aware, specifically on two occasions, that sometimes our trials are for the benefit of others, that they might know God better or be introduced to him through what is happening to us. So even though I might see God's work in my life and think, "Surely this work is done", or "I get it, let's move on" (which even as I type that seems absurd to proclaim), there may still be the rest of the plan that is unfolding in someone else's life. Once again I'm faced with the reality that life is not all about me. Many of you have encouraged me that you are praying for us and this situation. I greatly appreciate your prayers. I've decided that I'm going to start praying for you through this situation now, too. What can you learn from my limbo land, where the soil is fertile for growing peace, though not without some tilling from the Gardener? Where will I find the verse that will encourage your soul as well as mine? I've expressed many of my questions, fears, and doubts. Have I asked the question that your heart wrestles with? Has God met you there in the depths as He has met me? Have you dared to soar with the Lord, taking a leap of faith and being met there by your Creator and Savior? I can tell you what I see, but how much better for you to see with your own eyes.

So, I'm praying for you! I hope I can hear what God is doing in your life, I'm sure I can learn from it, too.

No comments:

Lord, lift me above my own narrow horizons, that I might fulfill your true vision for me. - B.J. Hoff