Sunday, May 25, 2008

One Down, One to Go



Mia's last day of school was Friday. Our darling little girl decided she did want to wear her pretty dress and I was so pleased, right up until the point where she started lifting up her skirt and flashing everybody. I thought ahead and made sure her undies were a great match to her dress so it would be less noticeable if she didn't sit quite right or something but there's no hiding your undies when your dress is up to your eyeballs! Here's Sierra enjoying the show. Throughout the program there were lots of distractions besides the underware. One boy asked after every song, "Now are we done?" and, of course there were the usual funny faces, squirmy bodies and animated singers as well. The teachers really had their hands full this year. There were only 4 girls in the class of 16 and most of the boys were very high energy, test-the-teacher kind of boys, and some of the girls were, too, actually. The teachers were so gracious and loving and they must have been very determined as well. I was sure they'd be done by winter but they finished the year and even signed up for another one next year. Anyway, it was fun to hear the kids sing their sweet songs and proudly show off some of their artwork. It was a nice time to get some last pictures of Mia with some of her classmates, too. I can't believe this year has come to an end for her and only two more weeks for Josiah. After her program we all went out to Red Robin to celebrate.

There is still so much to do to move and then to prepare before our first campers arrive. I'm trying not to think too far down the road but there's a lot even on this block! Today at church the worship was fantastic. We sang, "Take My Life" and I love that song as I've mentioned before. It was wonderful to sing that song to the Lord and fully trust him with all that that means. We haven't sung that song in a very long time and it's timing today was quite a blessing.

No comments:

Lord, lift me above my own narrow horizons, that I might fulfill your true vision for me. - B.J. Hoff