Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Letting Him Lead, part 2

After a sleepless night I woke up this morning to my Proverbs 31 email devotional titled "The Weight of Waiting". If you want to read it, scroll down this blog, on the right side there is a list of Sites to Visit, Proverbs 31 Devotionals is one of them. This perfectly timed devotional spoke clearly to me that I am loved. I am blessed. It is all too obvious that my creator knows me personally and cares deeply about me. In my fatigue I was met by these verses:

Psalm 5:3, “In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; …I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.” (NIV)

Isaiah 49:23 b, “Those who wait for me shall not be put to shame.” (ESV)

Romans 15:4, “…the Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God’s promises to be fulfilled.” (NLT)

Intrigued by the verse in Isaiah I looked up the whole chapter and was deeply encouraged and reminded of who God is and how he can use us. We're still waiting on the Lord, may he display his splendor and change lives through our trial.

No comments:

Lord, lift me above my own narrow horizons, that I might fulfill your true vision for me. - B.J. Hoff