Tuesday, June 3, 2008

On Your Mark, Get Set, ...Green Beans!

I really feel like we've been in the starting blocks of this new adventure for 4 months now! It's like we're down on our mark, poised and set to start running, waiting for the word "Go!" and it just hasn't come. It's tiring to have that adrenaline building and building, yet not being able to burst off the starting line and begin this race. For our family and friends who are encouraging us and waiting to cheer us on, I'm sure their stomachs have been in knots as they long to see how this race turns out. They have great expectations, just as we do, and are anxious to celebrate with us in the outcome.

At this point, we are so close to starting that it's not about pre-race butterflies anymore. Really, it's like some clown has called out, "On your mark, get set, ...green beans!" So close, yet not the word, "Go!" that we're waiting for. It made our hearts beat faster, our minds focus on the details of starting properly, and our muscles tense in anticipation. So, it takes a few moments to shake off the frustration of the false start and prepare again to be ready to react to the word "Go!" I distracted myself for a few days with an Anne of Green Gables marathon. The girls even got into it. But now it's time again to focus, to listen, to prepare. I am gun shy because of the last close call, but this situation must be handled in a mind over matter fashion. Really, mind over feelings, would be a more accurate description.

I praise the Lord for the faithful supporters who have prayed for us for these many months and have mustered encouraging words over and over. We are running this race for the Lord but I hope we run in a way that is a blessing to those who are watching as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are praying for the "GO!" to come soon!!!!

Lord, lift me above my own narrow horizons, that I might fulfill your true vision for me. - B.J. Hoff