Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Year of Change

This weekend marks one year since we first toured Bear Paw Camp. Most of the pictures on the blog are from that weekend. It was beautiful and the camp was full of the leadership and counselors for the middle school camp that was coming in. It was so exciting to see all the organization unfolding into what would become a wonderful memory and potentially a life changing week for a group of middle school students. They had loads of food, boxes of sweatshirts and t-shirts, and huge smiles as they were all geared up and coming off good sleep, something I knew would change in just a few days.

I love camp for the impact it can have in such a short time. When you live with people, even for just a week, you really get to know them and it's such an opportunity to talk about important root issues. Today's young people deal with so much uncertainty, what a privilege to be able to introduce them to the certainty of salvation through Jesus Christ. I'm praying for the group this week, it's actually the same church as last year but it's their high school group this time. I'm praying that the Holy Spirit will be amongst them, that counselors and leadership will be prepared to have an answer for all the questions, hurts, or even anger that comes up for their campers. I'm also praying that in the beauty of that part of the world these young people will meet their Creator, some of them for the first time. I wish I was there to witness it and to help create that environment where it can take place. It's getting harder and harder to be patient. I definitely feel like we're missing out and I'm acutely aware of the daily financial impact that our not being there has. It's a double edged sword that cuts me on the emotional side as well as the practical side. Still, God has not changed, he will provide for us. He has not forsaken us, and we trust his plan.

In this past year, we have changed immensely. So much work has been done on the house, in the business, and on the building. I have much to be grateful for. Today I will rejoice in those things and wait for tomorrow to become today before I deal with it. Praise the Lord!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine how hard it is to be here and not where you heart wants to be. I remember listening to an Odesey and the gal had to do what her heart said, even through her mind was telling her something different.

Sort of the same thing...waiting on God, even though your heart says go. I am praying it all flows in His great timing. Much love.

Lord, lift me above my own narrow horizons, that I might fulfill your true vision for me. - B.J. Hoff