Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Perspective and Peace

Peace came to my heart yesterday. It took a new perspective to finally get my anxious heart to settle down. I realized I was actually adding my own stress to the situation by putting a time line on when things need to happen by. From my perspective this time line was a wonderful and appropriate goal. There were many things that justified this goal: camps start the 21st, we should be there, I need time to get settled, if we don't finish this up maybe someone else will step in and buy the camp, etc. What I'm seeing today is that there are some other important things that may take longer than my self imposed time line: like having things wrapped up here with the business and the house so that when we do move we can focus solely on the camp. I operate much better with a timeline but perhaps this new direction our lives are going requires stronger faith and I'm being given some extra training so that I'm prepared for the journey ahead. Who knows! But it has been so helpful to widen my perspective on our situation. For now, we will continue to do everything we can to help the process along, for the most part it's out of our control, and we'll work hard to enjoy our summer, on a day by day basis, right now, where we are. Worst case scenario, if we do lose this camp opportunity, I will have to grieve the loss and then continue looking for where God desires to use us. For now, as I've said so many times, we wait.

No comments:

Lord, lift me above my own narrow horizons, that I might fulfill your true vision for me. - B.J. Hoff